Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray .... EMMA IS ONE TODAY !!!

A year ago today I was due to be induced as I was overdue and Brendan was due in to be in Townsville in a few days time. We dropped Mitchell off at my sisters house and headed to the hospital. I was very nervous and very excited.


Brendan on the other hand was very sick. He had come down with a bad case of tonsillitis ... But he was doing his best to be there for me. We arrived at the hospital and settled into a birthing suite ... Which was very nice and comfy.




The midwife placed a monitor on my belly so she could keep an eye on bub. She came back a little while later and was just about to start the process of inducing .... However when she had a feel of my belly she couldn't find the baby's head. Off she went to find a doctor and an ultrasound machine. We soon discovered that our baby was breach and an inducement was out of the question.


We had a few moments to decide where we wanted to go from here and we decided to go ahead with a c-section. Now I was really nervous and a tad sad .... This wasn't what I was expecting. It was a long wait before we could go into surgery. As I waited brendan went and saw a doctor to get some drugs to make him feel a little better ....


Finally around 5.00pm they started to prep me for surgery .... At 6.28pm my baby was born into this world ..... I waited eagerly to find out if it was a boy or a girl ...... And then the doctor said the words I had waited to hear for such a long time .....ITS A GIRL .... And she was perfect. .... Weighing in at a healthy 7pound 2ounces and measuring 46.5cm long.



My dream had come true ...... a girl to complete our family. Over the past year we have had our ups and downs, but i wouldn't change anything for the world. SHe is such a good baby, although very boistorous, assertive and adorable. She knows what she wants and there is no stopping her ....


We love you Emma Jane very, very muchly. HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY baby girl.










































































No comments: