Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Yoghurt



Everytime i seem to buy yoghurt it all gets eaten rather quickly. And lets face it, yoghurt can be quite expensive. Mitchell likes the children yoghurt with all the wonderful cartoon characters on it, Brendan likes the tubs of yoghurt and Emma enjoys her baby yoghurt.



Recently whilst at my sisters house she introduced me to her Yoghurt maker. She was giving it such a good rap I just had to get my own.



I headed down to our local coles and picked one up for $21.99 plus $3.89 for a satchel of yoghurt mix. I choose the strawberry flavour to start with.


So yesterday afternoon i opened up my box, rinsed out the yoghurt maker and started to make my first batch of yoghurt. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. All you needed to do was add the sachet of mix to some water and then place in it into the yoghurt container with some boiling water and leave for 8 -12 hours.


This morning we I opened it .... I have yoghurt :)


And guess what ... it even tastes like yoghurt.


Thank sis .... for introducing me to your Yoghurt Maker.


xoxoxox

No comments: